Reminder for foreign citizens about the requirement of replacement of previously issued obligatory health insurance policies
By this letter we remind thatas the Order of the Ministry of Health of Russia dated October 27, 2016 N 803н entered into force on January 1, 2017, the validity period ofobligatoryhealth insurance policies issued to foreign citizens earlier is annulled on January 1, 2018. To renew the obligatory health insurance policy, you need to reapply to one of the accredited insurance companies.
In accordance with the new rules of the OMI (obligatory medical insurance) policy processing:
- the citizens of the Russian Federation receive the policy with no limitation of the validity period;
- foreign citizens and stateless personspermanently livingin the territory of the Russian Federation receive the policy with a validity period up to the end of the calendar year;
- persons having the right to receive medical assistance in accordance with the Federal Law "On refugees" receive a paper policy with a validity period up to the end of the calendar year, but no more than the period of stay;
- foreign citizens and stateless persons temporarily livingin the territory of the Russian Federation receivea paper policy with a validity period up to the end of the calendar year, but no more than the validity term of the temporary residence permission;
- workers of the EAEU member states temporarily staying in the Russian Federation receive a paper policy with a validity period up to the end of the calendar year, but no more than the term of the employment contract made with the workers of the member state of the EAEU.
On the day of applying for the selection (replacement) of a health insurance company, the health insurance company issues a policy or temporary certificate to the insured person confirming the processing of the policy and certifying the right to provide medical assistance free of charge to them by medical organizations in case of an insured event (hereinafter - temporary certificate).
A temporary certificate with a limited period of validity is issued if the original policy is lost or during the procedure for issuance of a permanent one. Its validity is terminated when permanent policy is issued during the period up to 30 working days.
This legal alert notifies clients of TIM Services and other parties concerned of legislative changes as may have a bearing upon operations and be of special interest. This legal alert is not a legal opinion proper, nor may it replace the need of legal consultation in any specific instance.